Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dumpster Diving


When I lived in Massachusetts there were several dumpsters I could count on for great diving. Sometimes there was nothing, sometimes only trash, but I am so pleased at the amount of 'trash' that I liberated and rehomed. Some things I was able to sell on E-bay, many things I used myself, and other things I put in "free" boxes around campus.
Some of the treasures I unearthed: fountain pens, crystal bowls, scrapbook materials/paper, little notebooks, a projector screen, lots of energy bars and protein whey, candy, fabric, staplers, luggage, rolling office chair, binders & lots of other office supplies, postage scales, electronics (bluetooth for phones, etc), DVD cases (perfect for holding my home-made movies), brushes, make-up, perfume/cologne, gardening tools.... and that's just off the top of my head.
Here're some pics of my loot from those days (I have been very unsuccessful finding any worthwhile diving places in Lexington--trash compactors everywhere )o: )


No comments:

Post a Comment