Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Want to try No-Impact?

The Huffington Post is partnering with No Impact Project a "no-impact week" starting October 18th, in recognition, support, and curiosity about No Impact Man. No Impact Man, aka Colin and Michelle Beavan, lived their lives in NYC with no electricity, no waste, eating only local foods, etc for a year (and still live with minimal impact!). I have been really interested in doing something like this myself, but the idea seems rather overwhelming. I tend to make changes in my life one at a time, fully integrating something as a habit before embarking on the next 'improvement'. I am anxious and excited about participating in this weeklong exercise, a crash-course in being really mindful about how much impact my life has in the world. Embarassingly, I don't think I'd be doing this without some advice/support through it all! Find out more here.

Excerpt:
HuffPost Green and HuffPost's Eyes & Ears Citizen Journalism Initiative are thrilled to announce that we are partnering with the No Impact Project, a non-profit started by Colin Beavan, to bring our readers the first No Impact Week. This week will give people the opportunity to examine and reduce their ecological footprint by taking part in a short and intense period of conscious consumption supported by local and online communities.

Anyone else going to try it???

No comments:

Post a Comment